Do you want to earn money online? Have you ever dreamed of becoming a renowned instructor on Udemy? We will discuss in this article how to create a course in Udemy with each step in detail. These steps will be the roadmap to creating a Udemy course that is appealing, reliable, authentic, and engaging.
Steps for Creating a Course on Udemy
Following are the easy and detailed steps that you will have to follow to create a course on Udemy:
Step 1: Navigation of "Teach" Section
To start the course creation process, you will have to click on "Teach" which is located at the top right-hand of the page of Udemy. Then you will be prompted to enter your course title.
Step 2: Course Planning
Plan your course in the next step of your course creation journey. It's so essential to give yourself a solid foundation to build the rest of your course.
- Determine what you want to teach. You might have an idea of what you want to teach, but now it's time to get specific about the course you are interested in teaching.
- Recognize what you want your users to learn from your course. If you decide on this fact right now, it will go a long way to create a great course structure.
- Scope the content of your course to ensure that there is enough content for users that can engage with and obtain their objectives.
- It is a fundamental fact of how you want to organize your content. You must conclude each section with either a quiz or a summary. In this way, you will sum up again to remind them what users have learned.
- Split your course into smaller sections and bite-sized lectures to describe what they each require to accomplish. In this way, you will get more detailed about your content.
- Furthermore, split down it down into individual sections and lectures.
- Write a lecture description for each lecture and summarize what users will learn.
Step 3: Produce Your Course
The most important part of your course creation process is when you produce your course.
- Consider different types of users while creating your lectures. Video lectures must alternate between the different lecture types.
- It should be different in presentation styles, such as slides, "talking head," drawing boards, and screencasts.
- Upload your promotional video to enable users to preview your course.
- Include practice activities throughout the course that keep users engaged at least one training per section.
- These activities can take many different forms that depend on the content of your course. It may include quizzes, projects, or case studies.
- Use the bulk uploader while uploading your videos into your course. You can also use the uploader to upload any other resources you include as PDF, supplemental resources, presentation lectures, or audio).
- Go through your course outline and associate the videos with the right lecture once after your videos are successfully uploaded
Step 4: Revise Your Course Content
In this step, perfect your course content. We will guide you about making your course ready for publishing.
- Craft a compelling course summary and polish your content.
- Take another look at your course title, as well as add in a subtitle.
- Create a course image that meets the guidelines of Udemy.
Step 5: Publish Your Course
Now your course is ready to publish.
The message will be prompted that "You are ready to publish your course".
You will be required to submit the course for review. An admin will need to approve it for publishing after the review of your course.
Things to Remember
Below we will discuss the important factors which you should not forget while creating a course on Udemy:
- You should use 60% video to create your course. In this way, you can engage all the sensory senses, and it will be the most engaging way of interaction. (eg: you want to have an English online course, you should upload 60% video relevant to teaching English to attract learners)
- Keep the length of each lesson maximum of 10 minutes.
- Each lecture must have an introduction and conclusion. Both should explain what the lecture is all about and what the user will obtain in the end.
- Build a close and harmonious relationship in which the concerned audience understands ideas, communicates well, and engages with the course. Make a quiz between lectures to make it engaging and interactive.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, upload a test video on Udemy. Explain your course and its material to get feedback on your course. You are allowed to incorporate the assessment in your final course outline.
In your author profile, you will tell your potential readers about yourself. It is highly recommended to provide a detailed author profile because it can increase your CTR, ensuring better conversions. Explain how you are qualified to teach this course by mentioning your past related works and clients. Author profile will help you in building authority and acquiring the trust of your readers.